Dundas Valley Orchestra
Information for Members
Practices held at:
The Centre for String Playing
1603 Main St. W., Hamilton, ON, L8S 1E6, Ph. 905 528-9620
Parking and the entrance are on the east side of the building.
- Rehearsals begin in September 11th, 2012 and continue every Tuesday evening until December 18th.
- These run from 7:30pm to 9:45pm with a 10 minute break for refreshments. The building is opened about 7:00pm.
- Note that several of these evenings are actually retirement home concerts.
- We serve coffee, tea and a snack during the break. Please place a small donation in the piggy bank.
- Please do not bring food or drink into our carpeted rehearsal area.
- In the new year, rehearsals resume in January 8th, 2013 and continue until May 7th, 2013.
- The Winter concert of the Season will January 20th.
- The Final concert of the Season will be on May 12th.
- Retirement Concerts are TBA, but will be on a Tuesday evening.
For the practice shedule, click Rehearsal Schedule 2012-13 Sept-Jan(Rev).
- We have public concerts twice annually, The dates of Sunday, January 12th 2013 and Sunday, May 12th 2013 are proposed.
- In addition, there will be four Tuesday night Retirement Home Concerts. Dates TBA.
- Bring your own music stand.
- For concerts starting at 3:00pm, please plan to arrive shortly after 1:00 pm for set-up.
A warm up rehearsal will be held from 1:30 pm to 2:30 pm.
- Concert dress for men is black tuxedo or black suit with white
shirt and black bow tie. Wear black socks and shoes.
- Women are to wear “all black” concert attire.
NOTE: In case of inclement weather, a decision may be made to cancel.
This decision will be made at approximately 5:00 p.m. on the day of the rehearsal and any cancellation
will be posted no later than 5:30 p.m. Before leaving for the rehearsal, please visit the DVO website
NO EARLIER THAN 5:30 p.m. to verify the situation. It is recognized that weather and road conditions
differ from place to place and you must make your own decision to attend rehearsal based on your own situation.