A Jewel in the Valley
Sunday January 27, 2019 at 3:00 pm at St. Paul's United Church, 29 Park St. W., Dundas (corner of Cross and Park Streets)
Reception afterwards — meet the musicians.
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Overture to Die Entführung aus dem Serail
- Johann Hummel, arr. Brown: Concertante
- Richard Strauß: Serenade in E Flat major, Opus 7 (for woodwinds including horns)
- John Burge: Canadian Shield (dedicated to Elizabeth Webster)
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: "Adagio" from the Clarinet Concerto in A (soloist Hannah Thompson, Clarinet, HAALSA Student Soloist Winner)
- Giovanni Gabrieli, arr. Leen Tuk: Sonata Pian e Forte Ch175 (DVO Brass)
- Giovanni Gabrieli: Canzon Septimi Toni No2 Ch172 (DVO Brass)
- Laura Thomas: Synchroma (DVO Percussion & Harp)
- Karl Jenkins: Palladio, First movement, Allegretto (DVO Strings)
- Robert Smith: The Isle of Calypso (soloist Azriel Ashmore, English Horn)
- Emma Lou Diemer: Symphony Antique
Admission is free. DVO gratefully accepts donations, and tax receipts are provided for donations of $10 or more.
DVO is comprised of talented amateur musicians from the Hamilton area. The ensemble presents three major public concerts each year and performs at Hamilton retirement homes. Audience members are welcome to meet the musicians at the post-concert reception. The venue is wheelchair accessible.
Dundas Valley Orchestra
The Dundas Valley Orchestra provides amateur musicians the opportunity and joy of performing orchestral music. Musicians of all ages improve their skills and share this talent by performing community concerts and free concerts at community institutions such as nursing and retirement homes.
DVO Student Composer Competition
We hold an annual student composer competition.